Tight lower back muscles are often the root cause of lower back pain. The key is to loosen them.
A common pain point for many people is having a tight lower back. If you’re one of those people, then this article is for you! We’ll cover ways to alleviate the tightness in your lower back as well as a few helpful exercises you can perform on your own.
1. Lie on your back and place your arms over your head
2. Lift your left leg off the ground and straighten it out
3. Bring your left leg towards your right foot
4. Repeat with your right leg
5. You will find that you can now straighten your spine more easily
6. Once you have loosened your back muscles, it’s time to do a little exercise
7. Lie flat on your back and raise both legs off the floor, without touching each other
8. Place your hands behind your head and pull your upper body up
9. Your neck should be completely straight
10. Hold for 15-20 seconds
11. Repeat the exercise 5-10 times
In conclusion, to improve the mobility and flexibility of your lower back and hips, you need to strengthen the core muscles and reduce the load on your joints. The exercises I just shared with you are designed to target your core, hip, and back muscles. By doing them regularly, you will not only be able to perform better in any physical activity, but you will also be more mobile and flexible.